What is mathematics? The relationship between mathematics and STEM education!
Mathematics does not belong to natural science. Mathematics is a way to describe human cognition of things in a unified way. It is defined artificially, so it belongs to formal science. Mathematics is a scientific discipline that mainly studies the meanings of the quantity, change, and space of things. Throughout the entire history of human development, mathematics has played a pivotal role and is also an indispensable tool for the development of modern science.
The various branches of mathematics
There are 26 branches of mathematics in total, and this family is very large. But the basic subjects include algebra, geometry, and analytical mathematics, and other branches of mathematics are developed on the basis of these three basic subjects.
2. Who is suitable for learning mathematics
Usually, everyone will find that people who are good at mathematics have a solid grasp of the basic knowledge of mathematics. Learning mathematics should be done step by step. If you do not do a good job of consolidating old knowledge and previewing new knowledge, it is easy to cause the previous knowledge to be incomplete and the later knowledge to be incomprehensible. Therefore, only those who listen carefully in class, find the teacher in time to solve the problems and knowledge points that they don’t know after class, review, and practice in time after finishing the homework, and can review carefully before the new class, figure out the difficulties in advance, and bring problems Only those who come to the class can learn mathematics well.
3. What to do if you want to learn mathematics well
1. If you want to learn mathematics well, you must first have an interest in learning. Only with interest can you have the patience to actively solve problems when you encounter them. It is also a good way to use the sense of accomplishment in solving difficult problems to cultivate an interest in mathematics. Of course, the difficulty will gradually increase.
2. Correct your learning attitude, concentrate on listening to lectures in class, solve problems you don’t know in time, finish your homework carefully after class, and review and preview.
3. There must be correct learning skills. The subject of mathematics should not memorize those formulas and definitions by rote, but figure out the relationship between numbers through these two, and it will be easier to answer after figuring out the relationship between each other topic.
4. Be good at observing life and reading more. Mathematical problems exist everywhere in our daily life, which can be easily found by careful observation. You can also read more books on mathematics at ordinary times, and mathematics picture books are also a good choice to continuously broaden the scope of mathematics knowledge.
4. Which courses are required for mathematics majors
Students in this major need to study mainly theoretical and practical courses. Theoretical courses include mathematics courses such as analysis, advanced algebra, advanced mathematics, differentiation, partial fractions, and functions. Practical courses include computer operation and in-depth front-line teaching practice courses.
5. Mathematics and STEM Education
The "M" in STEM education is the first letter of the English word for Mathematics. Mathematics itself is very abstract and complex, but it comes from life. Learning mathematics is to better solve some problems in daily life. This is similar to STEM The philosophy of education is the same. STEM education mobilizes children's interest in learning mathematics and improves children's mathematics learning ability by bringing mathematics to life. In this way, children can not only apply the knowledge of mathematics to their daily life, and improve their ability to solve problems, but also make the boring mathematics knowledge more interesting and vivid, and it is easy to achieve the goal of learning.
In short, mathematics is the foundation of natural science, and almost all major discoveries, in reality, are closely related to the development and progress of mathematics. The universe is so big that no place can be separated from mathematics, which shows the importance of mathematics.