What is Art? The relationship between Art and STEM education!
Regarding art, the whole world does not have a fixed concept to define it. But with the development of time, people's concept of art is also changing. But art is above all a way for people to actively understand the world through various forms of expression, such as music, painting, poetry, dance, and so on.
1. Various branches of art
There are 5 major categories of art majors: Art Theory, Music and Dance, Music and Dance, Drama and Film, Fine Arts, and Design.
Among them, art theory includes 3 branches, music, and dance includes 12 branches, drama, and film and television includes 13 branches, fine arts includes 11 branches, and design includes 12 branches. If you go down the score, it's almost countless.
2. Who is suitable for learning the art
1. Objectively and accurately judge whether your physical condition allows it according to the chosen art discipline. Art majors have high requirements for students' talents. In addition to taking cultural exams like ordinary candidates, students also need to take art professional exams or professional-level exams. situation to choose from.
2. Students should be interested in the art category they choose. The so-called "interest is the best teacher". If there is no interest, there will be no perseverance and perseverance to persevere. After all, studying art subjects is also very hard and boring. But with interest, you can find fun in these hard and boring studies.
3. What to do if you want to learn art well
1. Objective aspects
①. Students must have sufficient financial conditions because the cost of supplementary classes for art courses is not low.
②, have enough time to study outside of class.
③. Parents must support their children's learning choices so that children can concentrate on learning.
④. The teacher who chooses make-up lessons should also be good enough.
2. Subjective aspect
①. Children must have learning talents. No matter what kind of art they are learning, talent is considered to have sufficient physical conditions. For example, practicing dance has requirements on the child's body and bones, and practicing piano has requirements on the length and flexibility of the child's fingers.
②. Children should have enough practice time every day as a basic guarantee, at least 2 hours a day.
③. Children themselves must have sufficient interest, a serious learning attitude, and persistence.
4. What courses should art majors study?
Art majors cover a wide range, mainly including 5 major categories, and the 5 major categories of disciplines also include several sub-categories. Different branches of disciplines have different courses. Therefore, which courses to study depends on the majors the students apply for.
5. Art and STEM Education
In recent years, the STEM education promoted by the Hong Kong government refers to "Science", "Technology", "Engineering" and "Mathematics"; STEAM courses have added "Arts".
Art education is an extension on the basis of STEM education. In 2016, the dean of an art academy in the United States proposed to adjust and improve STEM education and added art subjects to it. Here, art does not only refer to art but also includes music, language, literature, etc.
From ancient times to the present, all kinds of artistic creations are aimed at nature and society. The performers refine, sublimate, and exhibit a certain thing or phenomenon in nature and society so that the world can understand their own cognition.